Terms & Conditions
Last Update: 09th October 2015
Mobile Unlocked is a subsidiary of Poncho Media Ltd.
The services provided on the Mobile Unlocked website allow the user to remove the network lock from their mobile phone. This may be through the use of software, or with a unique unlock code. All our services include customer support via email during office hours.
All our services are offered with a money back guarantee, that ensures you will be able to remove the network lock from your phone, as long as certain criteria are met:
- The information you enter on the order form must be correct
- The phone must not have been subject to previous unlock attempts (or if it has, let us know the details before placing the order and we will tell you if the money back guarantee still applies)
- The phone must be currently working on one network
- The phone must not already be unlocked before you purchase
- The phone must not be blocked (restricted from use on any network)
- The phone must be running an official version of the operating system. If you've rooted your Android device, you'll need to restore a network/manufacturer authorised version of Android before unlocking your phone.
- You must not use up all the attempts on your phone for entering a code
- You must not unlock your phone via an alternative method after placing an order with us
- The phone must not be using the new "Device Unlock App" method (HTC, Samsung, LG, or any Android)
- The phone must not be region locked (HTC, Samsung, LG, or any Android)
- The phone must not be damaged before or after purchase
When a problem is reported with an unlock code or software tool, Mobile Unlocked will see if an alternative solution is available. We may require further information from you at that point. Our aim is to assist you in unlocking your phone, and only if that is not possible will we proceed to a refund. The refund claim procedure is shown further down on this page.
Delivery Times and Cancellation
All unlock codes and unlock confirmations are sent by email to the email address that the customer enters on the order form.
Delivery times shown on the website are guidelines only, based on average delivery times for past orders. We will endeavour to beat these delivery times but sometimes delays do occur. In the event of a significant delay, there is no automatic right to cancellation, but if you contact us then we will see if our supplier is willing to cancel the order.
In general, order cancellations are not permitted once a payment has been made. The reason for this is that our costs are incurred by submitting your phone's details to the relevant unlock code database. The service provision commences as soon as the payment is made, as it is a personalised service based on the details of your specific phone.
A verification option is required in order for you to monitor your iPhone’s unlocking condition if you believe that your phone is not unlocked or that the code is not working. Additionally, please remember that it is required that you request verification within five days of the completion of your order. Once it has been more than five days since the unlock of the device, we will be unable either to verify IMEI from source or to offer you a refund for your purchase.
As a result of the enormous number of fraudulent orders that we receive each day, it is imperative that we take all necessary measures to minimize credit card fraud. Therefore, we reserve the right to refuse any order that appears to be suspicious or that proves to be fraudulent. Additionally, in certain cases, Mobile Unlocked may request that you submit a scanned photocopy of your picture ID, passport,credit card statements and your bank statements to completely verify the integrity of your order to avoid credit fraud.
Mobile Unlocked may report orders which turn out to be fraudulent to the relevant authorities so that they may investigate them to the fullest extent of the law.
Please note that IP addresses are recorded when placing an order online.
If no unlock code is found for a particular phone, a refund will be processed within 24 hours of us becoming aware that no code is available. All refunds can take around 7 days to appear in your account depending on your bank/credit card company.
If your phone was already unlocked before you purchased a code or unlocking service, that will not be considered grounds for a refund.
Where an unlock code does not work and we confirm by email that we are not able to find an alternative solution, you must claim a refund by providing video evidence as detailed below. This is to show that the information on the order form was correct, and that the unlock process did not work. In some situations the video may still enable us to help you unlock your phone. The video should be sent to us as an attachment or uploaded to Youtube as an unlisted video, with the link sent to us. These are the requirements for a refund claim video:
- Video the back of the phone with the battery removed clearly showing the label under the battery. Then replace the battery and cover.
- Type *#06# on the phone then wait 5-10 seconds until we can clearly see and read the IMEI of the phone displayed. If present, the operator (on which the phone is currently locked) logo should be clearly visible.
- Insert, in the same phone, a SIM card which is not currently accepted by the phone.
- Wait 5 seconds until we can clearly see and read the message displayed by the phone.
- Very slowly enter the unlock code we sent you following the instructions provided with the code, and the keys must be clearly seen in the video as the code is entered into the phone.
- If you get an error message, wait 5 seconds so we can clearly see this message
- Please make sure the video is correctly focused and the codes, messages, IMEI are all visible on the phone’s display.
It is the obligation of the buyer, not of Mobile Unlocked to ensure the compatibility of the device you wish to use with the SIM card and with the network you plan to use it with.
We only unlock phones from your original network, although the unlocking process will not necessarily be compatible with all networks worldwide. It is your responsibility to ensure that the phone which you are unlocking will be compatible with the network you wish to use it with. In order to verify the phone’s compatibility, you should contact the carrier that you wish to use your phone with.
If you have successfully unlocked your device, but it is not compatible with the network with which you wish to use it, it is your obligation to ensure that the device you wish to unlock will be compatible with the SIM card as well as the network that you wish to use the device with.
The responsibility to verify that the phone you are unlocking will be compatible with the network you wish to use it with lies with the buyer.
Mobile Unlocked is unable to guarantee that this service will allow the device to be compatible with any specific network. Due to different GSM network frequencies, specific devices are unable to operate on certain networks.
Mobile Unlocked reserves the right to refuse or cancel any placed orders for the product in the event that it is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price. Regardless of whether the order has been confirmed and your credit card has been charged, Mobile Unlocked is authorized to deny or abort any such orders. In the case that your credit card has already been charged for the incorrect price of the purchase, Mobile Unlocked shall issue a credit to your credit card account equal to the amount of the incorrect price.
Privacy and Use of Information
Limitation of Liability
Where permitted by law, Mobile Unlocked is not liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of the services we provide, or the use of our website. Otherwise, our liability is limited to the amount paid by you for the provision of the service in question.