New Samsung Galaxy S4 unlocking video now live
11 Jul 2013
So, there’s this thing called Youtube and we’ve had the genius idea that because videos of phone unlocking can really help people understand exactly what they need to do, we’re upping our game. We’ve therefore started creating our own in-house videos to show exactly what people need to do to get their phone unlocked - starting with the S4.
Being the flavour of the moment (and justifiably) we thought, what better way to start than create a video of us unlocking the Samsung Galaxy S4. And here are the results:
Hopefully that will help anyone who’s a bit lost when it comes to unlocking a Samsung mobile phone with exactly what they need to do.
For anyone that doesn’t have one, you can go here to get your Samsung Galaxy S4 unlock code.
The process itself is extremely simple, but just to give you a text-based version, here you go:
- Turn the S4 off and take the battery out
- Insert a non-accepted SIM card into the phone (one from a different network to the original)
- Replace the battery and turn the phone on again
- Upon starting up, the phone will request the unlock code (you may have to swipe on the screen for it to do this)
- Simply enter the unlock code you’ve been sent and the phone will accept the code!
Now, there have been rare instances when entering the unlock code hasn’t worked for some people. We couldn’t create a video for this, but I’ll include the alternative unlocking instructions for the S4 below:
- Go to the Dial pad and dial *#0011#
- Then click the MENU button (Bottom LEFT button) and click BACK on the menu that appears, Nothing will happen do not worry please move to the next step
- Please click your MENU button AGAIN and this time click KEY INPUT
- When the “key input” box appears please input the number "1" and hit OK
- You will see a number 1 for a while, please wait until it changes into the SERVICE MENU
- Please click  UMTS >  DEBUGGING SCREEN >  Phone Control >  Network LOCK
- You will see 3 OPTIONS within Network LOCK
- Please click on number  Perso Sha256 INFO, the screen will change slightly
- Please hit the MENU button then when the menu pops up please carefully hit BACK to return to the previous screen
- Next Please click on number  Perso Sha256 ON, the screen will change again to a one line message
- Restart the phone on the screen by holding the power button and click RESTART
- When the phone prompts for the unlock code simply enter the unlock code provided to you.
Article by Darren Kingman