Device Unlock application runs on the Android platform and allows a user to request for an unlock code directly from the mobile phone or tablet. It allows a user to apply a Mobile Device Unlock without the use of a manual password. In simple terms, once your device is locked using the ‘’Mobile Device Unlock’’ there is no need to request for an unlock password.
Only devices supported by the app can download it from the Google Play site.
It should be noted that it’s critical for you to order the correct unlock code from a reputable service provider.
|Supported Models from T-Mobile USA||Supported Models from MetroPCS USA|
How to use the ‘Mobile Device Unlock’ app
- Navigate in your application list and open the Device Unlock app
- Click on the Continue button
- Click the desired unlock you want, in this case, choose Permanent Unlock
- If step three succeeds, reboot the mobile device
Note: You need to restart the device so that the settings you changed can be applied, otherwise you will keep on getting notifications on the same.
How to troubleshoot the ‘Mobile Device Unlock’ app?
- Go the device setting and ensure your data settings are on
- Ensure the application cache is cleared
- Check your device’s memory to see if it’s at manageable levels
- Reboot your mobile device and start the process afresh
If you still receive an error even after following the steps named above, do the following
|Error Message||Information / Troubleshooting|
|Device not recognized by your service provider. Please call customer care.||
|Data corrupted during transfer. Please try again.Error during data transfer. Please try again.||
|Server not responding. Please try again later.||
|Failure in processing the request. Please reboot device and try again.||
|No internet connection available. Please try again when internet connection is available.||
|Unable to connect to the server at this time. Please try back again later.||
|Unlock Failed: This mobile wireless device is not eligible for unlock. For Device Unlock eligibility details, please go online or contact Customer Care.||
|Unlock Failed : System maintenance error, try again later.||
|Failure in applying the unlock settings. Please try again.||
- Ensure the firmware installed on your device is the original stock ROM that comes with the phone or tablet and not a custom firmware such as an Unbranded ROM or CynogenMod
- Are you using the latest updated firmware on your device?
- If you weren’t using the latest firmware and you decided to upgrade, make sure you Hard Reset you tablet or mobile phone
- Avoid using 3G or LTE and instead, use a local Wi-Fi for internet
- Use home Wi-Fi because your work Wi-Fi or public Wi-Fi may limit the amount of data you consume